Join Our Healthy January Challenge Today!
It’s time for our annual Well Your World January Challenge!
If you’re new to our community, we make videos and food products to help you maintain a healthy whole food plant-based diet. Going plant-based is a different experience for each individual. People come to this lifestyle for many reasons including health, animal welfare, and environmental impact. Everyone is here working on different goals for different stages of life, so we didn’t want to create a typical January challenge that focuses exclusively on health or body weight.
When Dillon was starting out on his plant-based journey, his first couple of years were essentially one challenge month after another where he would add or subtract different foods and/or habits with the goal of settling into a sustainable, health-promoting lifestyle that worked for daily living. He learned so much from his challenge-accepting process that he wanted to make sure he shared what worked so well for him; hence, the annual January Challenge!
The point of the January Challenge isn’t to help you set good goals for yourself. You already know what you want. Goals are just outcomes and outcomes aren’t always controllable. If our desired outcome is weight loss, there’s so much about that process we can’t control such as how fast we lose weight or the number on the scale that reflects our ideal body weight, which could be more or less than we think.
While we can’t always control our outcomes, we have complete control over how we work towards them. The January Challenge is more about focusing on the process rather than the outcome. How you get where you want to go is just as important (if not more) as the final destination. This is how we accomplish everything in our lives; after we get clear on the outcome we want, we put all of our attention on the little things we do day-in and day-out. We don’t overly concern ourselves with how much closer we are to the outcome.
Here’s how the January Challenge goes:
1. Choose 3 habits to work on this month. Three is a good number because it’ll help you focus on multiple areas without overwhelming you.
2. Print out the tracking calendar in the workbook. If you haven’t downloaded it already, just click here to grab it now.
3. Fill out your 3 habits to track at the bottom of the calendar, assign a color, sticker, or icon to each one, and then put it somewhere you’ll see it every day, like your refrigerator. Then, add your habit marker to each day as you do your challenge tasks. Simple!
Even if your goals aren’t health-focused, you can still do this challenge. We’ve created four main categories to choose from: Diet, Physical, Lifestyle, and Community. This should cover just about any area of your life you want to improve. Whatever you feel could be even a little better in your life can fit into this challenge.
Studies show that about 80% of people who make New Year’s resolutions have given up on them before February and only about 8% of people stay on track throughout the entire year. What most people miss is that it takes more than an intention to achieve a goal. It takes multiple small changes applied over and over on a daily basis in addition to the accountability a supportive community working towards similar outcomes provides.
As a bonus to joining our free January Challenge, we’ll also be giving you a FREE month of membership to our premium community experience, which includes:
- -An invitation to join our twice-monthly LIVE cooking show where you’ll be able to interact with us and other community members as we prepare 3-4 simple and creative whole food plant-based recipes per episode.
- -Access to over 80 past episodes.
- -PDF downloads of every recipe from every episode.
- -10% off food products from our online store
Our goal at Well Your World is to help you simplify your healthy diet and lifestyle. It doesn’t have to be hard. It can be fun! And the reward is radiant health. Come join the January Challenge and let’s do this together! Be sure to join our free Facebook community and post a picture of your January Challenge tracker to get some extra support and accountability from our exceptional community.
Let’s make this our healthiest year ever!
Til Next Time, Xoxo Reebs